CALL FOR ARTISTS
Small Works, Big Presents: The Gift of Art on display at the White River Valley Museum
11/9 - 12/14
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 19, 2014
The White River Valley Museum, in partnership with the City of Auburn, Washington, is seeking submissions for the 6th Annual Small Works, Big Presents: The Gift of Art juried art show and sale at the White River Valley Museum. This exhibition and art sale celebrates the diversity of the Pacific Northwest visual arts community by displaying the work of established and emerging small format artists working in all media and offering an opportunity for the public to purchase fine artwork at affordable prices during the holiday shopping season.
Six awards, worth up to $750, will be given out for outstanding works in the small and miniature categories. Artists can submit up to four works of art to be considered for inclusion in the show.
- Artwork must be made in a small format. All artworks must measure 12 inches or less at their largest dimension to qualify as a “Small Work.” Artworks must measure 6 inches or less at their largest dimension to qualify as a “Miniature Work.” Measurements do not include frames, mounts, or display hardware.
- Each piece must be for sale. The White River Valley Museum encourages submitting works with a price range between $50 and $250.
- Artists must be 18 years or older and reside in the Pacific Northwest.
- Artworks that have been exhibited in previous Small Works, Big Presents: The Gift of Art shows are not eligible.
- Artwork must be entirely the work of the artist and cannot be copied from other artists or publications.
- Artwork may be of any medium that is stable enough to display. Previous shows have featured watercolors, oil painting, photography, ceramics, mixed media sculpture, fiber arts, encaustics, and more. All media are welcome!
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2014. All entries must be submitted by 11:00 p.m., Pacific Time, October 19 , 2014 through online submission process. Entries submitted outside of the online submission process will not be eligible for consideration.