Keep good records of your artwork. If an appraiser is evaluating a collection that includes one of your pieces, make sure you can offer the following information:
- Date of creation
- Who purchased it*,
- Digital photographs of the work, title, dimensions, medium.
- Is it a part of series of similar work? Can you provide values and/or proof of recent sales of comparable works?
- Exhibition history of your work.
- In what public or corporate collections is your work?
- Publications that refer to your work.
- Galleries that represent you.
*Note: this information is for your records only - do NOT share information about private parties unless owner gives you written permission to do so.